Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keeley's Lamp

Okay, Okay... I hear the complaints. Sooo sorry I haven't blogged in a while. The holiday season kept me super busy sewing and this little princess needed time off! I have lingered over silly magazines, sipped on coffee, and giggled with my family. By the way, my husband is so stinkin' dreamy! We have been together over 16 years and I am so in love with him. Thumbs up to the great men of this world! Anyways, I have been doing some little sewing projects this month, but have neglected to photograph them. So I've dug up this old photo to share with you. This is a beautiful antique lamp my father bought one of my children. It came with the plainest white lamp shade you can imagine. The posh wheels started turning and here's the result! I bought a lovely baby dress and slightly modified it to cover the lampshade. It truely is beautiful. Now here's my food for thought: Last week my Mamaw gave me this phrase, "Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting."
-Princess Elizabeth Asquith Bibesco. Think about it... Have a blessed week!

1 comment: